1)Tell us a little bit about yourself – including something we may not know about you, where you’re from, any hidden talents etc 😉
From London and mum of three kids Charlie aged 11, Samuel aged 9, and Annabel aged 11 months. During lockdown I received an email from 7 Mile advertising pre and post-natal programs and immediately signed up. Throughout my life I’ve always tried to stay active. Growing up my mum had me join a swimming club where I would train every day, so couldn’t fail to become a pretty good swimmer.
2) What was the hardest part when you started out with us and how did you overcome that?
Trying to figure out and remember what the various movements in the workouts are – I found it helpful to watch the movements using the YouTube link on Chalk It Pro before coming into the gym, which I found useful. Great idea, well done 7 Mile! 😉
3) What is something you’re really proud of?
Fitness wise, beating my husband on the stroke and stride event because my stroke is strong. He’s pretty sporty and competive so as you can imagine, he loves it when I bring it up! Hehe… This is really cheesy I know but really proud of my husband and three kids.
4) The borders are opening soon. Where is the first place you’ll be heading off to when you leave island?
Skiing hopefully. I’ve skied in quite a few places in Europe plus Colorado and Japan. Not yet in Canada though, so Whistler is on the bucket list.
5) What does a typical day in the life of Danielle look like? Life with two boys, probably a little hectic 😉
Lots of drop offs, pick-ups and football runs, and even more hectic now with baby Annabel. I squeeze in baby yoga, swimming and my CrossFit sessions, so its busy but everyone is happy!! I enjoy an occasional Starbucks coffee with a lovely yummy mummy Helen, who I met at 7 Mile. When I get a spare minute I’m a bit addicted to Pinterest for inspiration on our house renovations.
6) When you see _____ in a workout, it makes you do a happy dance!
Wall balls always feel like such a good workout.
7) When you see _____ in a workout, it makes you want to go back to your car and go home!
Back squats, still a bit wobbly even without much weight!
8) What have you learned about yourself since joining our 7 Mile family?
You can do anything with practice! I’ve been able to maintain motivation and achieve goals, but my PT with Meredith has been brilliant for some much-needed help and positive support.
9) What would you say is the best/favorite part of your day?
The feeling after doing a workout is pretty good. Also, once the kids are in bed and we get to settle down with Netflix be it Billions, Queen of the South, Animal Kingdom etc…
10) Anything crazy on your bucket list? (bungee jumping, sky diving, hiking?)
Drive a Lamborghini. I’ve always liked cars and it would make me a hero to my two boys.
11) Favorite song?
I have wide tastes in music so favorite song is a tough one – I love going to summer music festivals back home and any music live. I’ve seen the Black Keys and John Legend live, who are two of my favorites.
12) If you could write your own WOD, what would it look like?
200-meter run, kettlebell swings, sit ups, knee raises, wall balls AMRAP.
13) Would you recommend 7 Mile Strength & Fitness to others and if so, why?
Absolutely. The 7 Mile family are a lovely cheerful team and extremely motivating. Lots of people have a perception that this type of training is only for people who are super fit but I can promise you if I can do it, anyone can!
Thanks Danielle, we are proud to have you as our November 7 Miler.
Wanda and the 7 Mile Crew 🙂