1) Tell us a little bit about yourself – including what brought you to Cayman, how long you’ve been here and your favorite part about living here.
- I first moved to Cayman in my 20’s when I realised I had used up all my vacation days backpacking. Unhappy with the prospect of being stuck in England I decided to find a job and move to Cayman. I had a brilliant couple of years here and met my awesome husband, Pat, who came back to England with me. We moved back to Cayman 5 years ago for a better work/life balance and the beautiful island life. It’s hard to pinpoint one favourite thing about living here, but no matter how hard a day may be, stepping outside into the sunshine makes everything better.
2) When you see _____ in a workout, you think, “Sweet, I love these!”
- Rowing, skipping and sit-ups.
3) When you see _____ in a workout, you think, “Ugh!”
- I think it depends on what I’m struggling with at the time. Right now I would say running.
4) What was the hardest part for you when you first started?
- I’ve never been a sporty person and I was nervous about how classes worked and my ability to do the exercises well. The coaches and classmates sorted that out pretty quickly, with wonderful support and encouragement.
5) If you could write your own WOD, what would it look like?
100 Single Unders (with some double attempts)
10 Hanging Knee Raise
6) If you could be have a dinner date with anyone in the world, who would it be?
- Vic – my best friend who lives in London
7) Favorite place to visit?
8) Who’s the better cook, you or Pat? 😉
9) Anything on your bucket list?
10) What is the best part of your day?
- Despite not being a morning person – morning cat cuddles and 7am gym sessions.
11) You will be turning 40 in a couple of months. What is one thing you would tell your younger self?
- Don’t spend too much time caring about what other people think; you will make your own path in life and it will be amazing.
12) Would you recommend 7 Mile Strength & Fitness to others and if so, why?
- Absolutely and I always do! The level method makes it accessible to everybody, the coaches are all amazing and make sure you’re doing what’s best for you. The gym community is brilliant! Everyone is friendly and supportive and there’s great banter! It’s the best start to my day 🙂