1) Tell us a little bit about yourself – including something we may not know about you, where you grew up and what brought you to Cayman.
- I was born in Jamaica and then moved to Cayman in 2009 to live with my mom and dad. Both were already living here before I moved here. I am the last of 3 other siblings in my family, so the parents thought it was best to bring me to Cayman at a young age as my siblings are much older than I am.
2) If you could describe our gym in one word, what would that word be?
3) Some people may not know this, but you are moving to the UK next month. While we are certainly very sad to see you go, what are some things you’ll be looking forward to while living there – besides your fiancé 😉 ?
- To be honest, new challenges. Challenges in the sense that I’ll be branching off into the Blockchain Development (Crypto) space which is a bit of an upper level of Software Engineering, but a more enhanced avenue.
4) What’s your favorite thing to do on island?
- Hanging out with friends
5) We aren’t like other gyms in that we have a Coach for Life as part our membership. How has this been helpful for you?
- This has been extremely helpful as I am able to correct and improve on the challenging movements with my Coach for Life on a regular basis. Also, the frequent check-ups help mentally as it does show that the team cares about the holistic nature of the members.
6) When you see _____ in a workout, you think, “Awesome!”
- Cleans (Hang, Power, Squat), Front/Back Squats, Deadlifts, and Pushups – THIS IS MY JAM!
7) When you see _____ in a workout, you think, “Ugh, this is gonna be rough!”
- Wall-walks and Pull-ups (lol) but hope to get stronger!
8) What have you learned about yourself since joining our 7 Mile family?
- The discipline that I have to be honest. Something I have noticed but being at 7 Mile highlighted it more being that CrossFit is a new sport to me and I didn’t expect to love it this much. Was disciplined to wake up at 4:55 am for the workouts.
9) What would you say is the best/favorite part of your day?
- Working on a task that I truly find innovative and discussing new ideas with other colleagues.
10) Anything crazy on your bucket list?(bungee jumping, sky diving, hiking?)
- Hiking – would be great to get a few of those while in the UK. Never done it before, should be exciting.
11) Favorite song?
- Its Friday Again! (Riton x Nightcrawlers – Friday ft. Mufasa & Hypeman) ………. Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran – Peru (Official Video)
12) If you could write your own WOD, what would it look like?
- 10 Power Cleans, 8 pushups, 10 Front Squats: EMOM style
13) Would you recommend 7 Mile Strength & Fitness to others and if so, why?
- Yes! Coaches do care about the athletes and attention to detail in the movements performed.
Congratulations again Daval! We are proud to have you as our April 7 Miler.
Wanda and the 7 Mile Crew