1)Tell us a little bit about yourself – including something we may not know about you and what brought you to Cayman.
- Born in Toronto and raised just north of the city. I went to school for civil engineering and work remotely for an engineering consulting firm in the Toronto area. My wife was offered a job in Cayman while on maternity leave, and we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to live abroad on a beautiful island.
2) You’re from the Great White North – anything you really miss (besides family) now that you’re living here?
- Friends and Family… I haven’t missed the winter yet.. I miss the Keg Restaurant, and the wide variety of craft beer in Canada.
3) Favorite sports person?
- I like to golf and have always enjoyed watching Tiger Woods tee it up.
4) What’s your favorite thing to do on island? Favorite thing to do off island?
- Sunset walks on Seven Mile Beach. Off island – travelling and seeing new places.
5) You got your first bar muscle up not that long ago, congrats! Anything else you’d like to accomplish in the gym before the year is out?
- I would like to try to level up to brown across all the categories before the end of the year.
6) When you see _____ in a workout, you think, “Yes, I got this!”
- Double unders, and rowing.
7) When you see _____ in a workout, you think, “Uh-Oh!”
- Thrusters – is there another allowable answer?
8) What have you learned about yourself since joining our 7 Mile family?
- I think we can underestimate what we are capable of physically, and it’s great to see the diverse group of members each working to improve their fitness and quality of life. Seeing older members move better, stronger or faster on a regular basis also helps to inspire me for what a long-term commitment to fitness can do for us.
9) What would you say is the best/favorite part of your day?
- We have a 16-month-old daughter – seeing her smile in the morning when she wakes up.
10) Anything crazy on your bucket list? (bungee jumping, sky diving, hiking?)
- Not crazy, but I would like to see the Masters tournament in person one day.
11) Favorite song?
- Very tough to pick one song, so today I’ll go with Rolling Stones – Gimme Shelter.
12) If you could write your own WOD, what would it look like?
- 50-40-30-20-10 reps of Rowing (Cals), Wall Balls, Double Unders
13) Would you recommend 7 Mile Strength & Fitness to others and if so, why?
- Yes – I think 7 Mile is a great facility, has wonderful coaching staff (friendly, caring, and knowledgeable), and welcoming members. I was also interested in the programming / and Level Method system when I first came for a consultation. It’s a cool way of seeing what your strengths and weaknesses are, having a roadmap for progression, and working out safely within your limits as you learn.
Congratulations again Graham! We are proud to have you as our May 7 Miler.
Wanda and the 7 Mile Crew