Geoff…we’re so proud of all your hard work over the last little while that we voted you as our October 7 Miler of the month!! We have a few questions below for you to answer so people can get to know you a little better. We will have to get a photo of you as well to attach to your answers 🙂
1) Tell us a little bit about yourself – including something we may not know about you – where you’re from and something you miss from home. I’m a small farm boy and grew up on the outskirts of Joburg on a small holding where my mom runs her veterinary practice. She does a lot of wildlife so we always had a bunch of wildlife at home – lion, leopard, cheetah, hyena etc. We also rarely had less than 12 dogs, down to 7 now that my sister and I have moved out. Mostly miss the bush from home.
2) What was the hardest part when you started out with us and how did you overcome that? Everything – I was a complete noob with cumulative weight training experience of 1 day in 32 years which ended in the most uncomfortable and awkward 2 weeks of my life not being able to open my elbows past 30/40 degrees. I just tried to be a sponge and absorb as much knowledge from Chris as I could.
3) How has becoming a new dad changed you? 🙂 It’s given me a whole new perspective on life and made it so much easier to prioritize my health as it’s not just for me now but for my family.
4) What does a perfect day in the life of Geoff look like? A day with my girls – preferably outdoors with some sea and sun. (And a 7 Mile class in between of course 😊)
5) What is something you’re really proud of? My dad. He’s my role model and proving to be one helluva tough bastard to kill!
6) When you see hurdles (hurdle jumps) in a workout, it makes you do a happy dance! Only did them once but they were super legit!
7) When you see overhead squats in a workout, it makes you want to cry…
8) What have you learned about yourself since joining our 7 Mile family? I never had a back problem, just a weak and lazy problem which I’m overcoming thanks to 7 Mile.
9) Favorite thing about living in Cayman? Being barefoot most of the time.
10) Anything crazy on your bucket list?(bungee jumping, sky diving, hiking?) I’m petrified of heights so after hang gliding in Rio I’ll pass on bungee jumping and sky diving thanks. Would love to do a serious multi-day hike though.
11) Favorite song? Cubicolor – Got This Feeling. Or anything Ben Bohmer!
12) If you could write your own WOD, what would it look like? 400m run, 10 push press, 400m row, 10 push press. 18min AMRAP. Goal 4+ rounds.
13) Would you recommend 7 Mile Strength & Fitness to others and if so, why? Absolutely. Coaches are awesome, the gym is a huge vibe but most of all, if you’re like me, being told what exercise to do, how to do it, and being corrected by a professional while you’re doing it is invaluable.