1) Tell us a little bit about yourself – including something we may not know about you, how long you’ve been in Cayman and what brought you here.
- I’m Paul Harding, born and raised in Toronto area and I first came to Cayman in 2018. I took about a year and a half away at the end of 2019-2020 and have been back since early 2021. When I finished up my Air Conditioning / Gas (HVAC) Apprenticeship in 2018 a teacher of mine mentioned some of the job opportunities in the Caribbean. After applying at a few companies, I landed a job here. Originally I worked as a technician, and now I work in sales and project management for Polar Bear.
2) When you see __ in a workout, you think, “Yes, I love these!”
- Push Press / Push Jerk
3) When you see ___ in a workout, you think, “Aw man these are so hard!”
- Muscle Ups
4) What have you learned about yourself since joining our 7 Mile family?
- Sometimes it takes some good coaching to figure things out. A lot of trail and error can be replaced with a few good cues and tips.
5) If you could write your own WOD, what would it look like?
Something fast moving, full body and with some skill movements. Always nice to see some rest incorporated too.
4 Rounds for time
6 Ground to Overhead
9 Front Squat
Something like that.
6) You got your first ring muscle up a few months back. How excited were you to check that off the goals box? 🙂 What’s next on the list?
- I was super excited, after about 1000 attempts finally got the right tips to figure it out. Up next hopefully is the Kipping Ring Muscle Up – I’ve managed to get them here and there but haven’t been able to be consistent with them.
7) What would you say are the 2 main reasons for staying so consistent with your workouts?
- Mainly just to keep the body and mind sharp. It’s always nice to be progressing as well.
8) What’s your favorite named workout and why?
- Grace – just interesting and short little grind.
9) Anything on your bucket list?
- Flying a plane
10) What is the best part of your day?
- Morning with a little coffee and sunshine is hard to beat.
11) Favorite place you’ve visited?
- Medellin. Very cool, fun and friendly city.
12) Favorite music to listen to?
- House and Hip Hop are probably the favorites, but I listen to everything.
13) Would you recommend 7 Mile Strength & Fitness to others and if so, why?
- Absolutely. It’s a great place to learn and improve all aspects of your fitness. The dedicated coach I have (Dominic) is super accessible and helpful with any questions I have about the gym, exercises or anything fitness related. The facility is clean, the equipment is in good working shape, the AC works, and the coaches are great!